Thursday, January 31, 2008

immunohisto

Do you believe in practice makes perfect? I do. So far I have been satisfied with the progress of my immunohisto work. Though the staining is not first class but it is there. Whenever you do immunohisto dont forget your control, especially positive control. You will have at least peace of mind knowing that your technique is correct because the conrol stain positive despite 'no staining' seen on your sample. So far i have made some changes in cluding reducing exposure to the DAB chromogen for 5 minues only instead of 10. This results in less back ground staining. Further more unlike what is stated in the pamphlet, mixed DAB doesnt lst very long, after 3 or 4 days, clumps appear and this affect staining. Thus I have to mix smaller volume of substrate and the chromogen. I cant stain many slides at one time. The most i think is 8 slides of aorta plus 1 positive and 1 negative. Even that need to be staggered as the slide cant be left long on air as it will affect staining.

Hope I ll get there soon. Miss Kuantan so much.

No comments:

lb3f.lilypie.com/TikiBlogger.php/3Ta5